Tiltmeters are used to measure slope changes of the structures where they are installed. They can be employed on several structures: towers, bell towers, monuments, decks, bridges and viaducts piers, retaining walls and cls dams. Moreover they can be used to measure blocks rotating movement or unstable rocks. The sensor used for the easurements can be servo-accelerometer or using MEMS technology; can be mono or bi-axial. Biaxial sensor measures the tilt on 2 perpendicular planes.
SISGEO manufactures two kinds of clinometers:
? Digitized (RS485, Modbus RTU protocol)
? Analog (4-20mA current loop)
Digitized tiltmeters feature is to be connected in chain by means of an electric cable.In agreement with the Customer, they are configured in SISGEO for:
? RS485 address
? Power supply configuration
? Measuring unit
The tiltmeter consists in:
1. A sensor and an electronic board housed in a box. In some models there also the temperature sensor (thermistor);
2. a double adjustable support plate;
3. screws for precise positioning;
4. screws and plugs for the fastening;
5. electric cable for the connection to the readout.